You can make yummy vegan ice-creams right there in the comfort of your home. In this segment, we are going to have a look into how to churn out luscious and creamy ice creams with simple-to do-ingredients. It is homemade with zero added preservatives and is easy to make as well. So let us get started with a few exotic flavors right here!
Vanilla Ice cream
This is a classic flavor of ice cream that is too rich, creamy, and adorable. You can never say no to this yummy homemade vegan ice cream!
- Full-fat coconut milk - 2 cups
- Cashew cream - 1 cup
- Mild-flavored salt- ½ a pinch
- Vanilla bean extract- 1 tsp
- Sugar- 1 cup (You can also add vegan-based condensed milk for the same)
- Dry fruits- almonds, pistachio nuts, or walnuts slivered
Method of preparation
- You can take canned cups of full-fat coconut milk. Pour the same into a glass bowl.
- Now, add the fresh cashew cream to the milk. You can also use cashew butter for this purpose.
- Using a whisker, blend the ingredients into a lump-free paste.
- Now, add vanilla bean extract, sugar, and the salt in desired quantities as stated on the ingredient list.
- Transfer the ice cream batter to a blender or mixer jar. Blend or pulse it two to three times. You will get a buttery paste-like mix.
- Now, pour the contents onto a square box. It can be a clean plastic container.
- Freeze the same for about 4-5 hours.
- You can sliver almonds, pista, or walnuts while serving the ice cream fresh.
Purple flavored ice cream
This is beautiful purple flavor ice cream made from the richness of fresh coconut milk, sweet potatoes, and blueberries. Let us get started with the recipe right away!
- Full-fat coconut milk- 2.5 cups or 360 ml
- Boiled and mashed sweet potatoes must be blended into a paste
- Corn starch powder- 1 tbsp
- Blueberries puree or pulp
- Maple syrup or apple honey- 1 cup
- Apple-cider vinegar- 2 tbsp
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Method of preparation:
- Transfer the contents like fresh creamy coconut milk onto a glass jar.
- Add the mashed sweet potato puree to the coconut milk.
- Whisk both ingredients using a hand-made whisker. The paste must be a lump-free one.
- Now, add the blueberry puree to the mix. You can also add maple syrup or apple honey to the mixture at this point in time.
- Freeze the ice cream for about two hours.
- Now take the mix out and add two tablespoons of cornstarch powder, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar. Now freeze for another 4 hours.
- Take out the homemade black-current ice cream using an ice-cream scooper. And serve the ice cream to friends and guests. You can create that wow effect just about instantly.
Chocolate ice cream
This is a decadent choco flavor ice cream with entirely plant-based ingredients. The luscious and creamy flavor is no dairy ice cream with the most basic ingredients as a matter of fact. The plant-based dessert is made from whole food ingredients and hence the ice cream can improve your body’s metabolism and energy levels too. Let us start with the recipe:
- Chickpeas- Boiled, cooled, and mashed into a pulp (Note: this is a crunchy protein-rich base)
- Dates as a rich and wholesome sweetener
- Peanut butter- 4 or 5 tbsp
- Plant-based milk- a combo of soy and coconut milk adds to a yummy and wholesome flavored ice cream
- Cocoa powder- ½ a cup
- Choco chips- to drizzle while garnishing
- Maple or apple syrup- 1 cup
- Cinnamon extract- 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
Method of preparation:
- You must soak the dates in water at least for two hours or so. Then, drain off the excess water.
- You can now add the soaked-in dates to a food processor. Pulse it once or twice until you get a smooth lump-free paste.
- Now, start adding the other ingredients that are needed to make this particular ice cream. You can add coconut milk, soy milk, chickpeas paste, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon extracts, and peanut butter.
- Pulse these ingredients too inside the food processor. You can scrape out the stuff across the sides. You must scrape out from time to time. You can add more soy milk as needed.
- You get a velvety smooth mixture now. Transfer the contents to a freezer pan. Freeze for about 4 hours or so.
- Once taken out, allow the ice cream to cool down a little. You can add cherries and dark chocolate chips to garnish the ice cream before serving them to guests. You can use tall chilled glasses while serving this absolutely delicious homemade vegan ice cream!
Cherry Ice cream
This is a bounty vegan ice cream that you can make your friends drool over. You require super-simple ingredients to churn out this delicious flavor right there at home. Let us have a look at how this ice cream is done:
- Cherries- pitted and halved
- 1/4th cup- dark chocolate bar- the pieces are to be chopped
- 3 overripe frozen bananas- the bananas are to be peeled into 1 inch pieces each
- ½ a cup of full-fat coconut milk
- Table salt- a pinch of it (Adding salt to the dessert acts as a taste enhancer)
Method of preparation:
- Refrigerate cherries and bananas. The dark chocolate pieces are to be frozen as well.
- In the food processor, these ingredients have to be pulsed. They are frozen banana slices, pitted cherries and dark choco bites.
- Pulse the ingredients for about 2-3 times inside the food processor until you get a velvety smooth mixture. Now, you can add salt and full fat coconut milk too.
- Once you get the mixture done, pour coconut milk and get the creamy layers done. Scrape out the sides and collect the mixture into a frozen friendly pan.
- You can now deep freeze the same into the freezer for about 4-6 hours.
- Now, the ice cream is ready to be scooped out and be served. You can add a few cherries or mint leaves on top as a super-decadent garnishing effect!
Avocado Ice cream
You have a super buttery and delicious green flavored ice cream with avocados. The ice cream is so rich in anti oxidants and is a highly nutritious delicacy even to be had a mid-day dessert. Let us get started with the recipe:-
- Avocados- 3 in number- pitted/ sliced
- Coconut milk- 1 cup- full-fat milk gives the dessert a super-rich and nutritious flavor
- ¼ th cup- vegan honey or maple syrup
- Matcha powder- 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice- ½ a cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 tbsp
- ½ tsp table salt
- Chopped pistachio nuts, mint leaves and cocoa nibs
Method of preparation:
- Pour all the ingredients into a glass jar and give it a neat mix. You can add ingredients in batches or slowly so that the recipe doesn’t get smudged.
- Now, transfer the contents to a food processor. Pulse using extra milk and you must get a smooth and a lump-free consistency.
- Scrape out the sides if needed. And, then pulse all the ingredients once again until you get a buttery finish.
- Now, you must transfer the contents to a freezer-pan. You must deep freeze for about 5-6 hours.
- Scoop out the ice cream into tall chilled glasses. And then garnish using chopped pistachio nuts, mint leaves and cocoa solids.
Recipes taken from: 22+ Best Vegan Ice Cream Recipes (So Tasty!) – Nutriciously
We are an online vegan store based out of India. We have personalized lifestyle products catering to people belonging to the present millennium. You get nut butters, mock meats, plant-based sweets, dairy-free alternatives, groceries and wellness care products from our store. Do check out some of our outstanding collections right here:
Plant-based milk- https://vvegano.com/collections/plant-based-milk
Nut butters- https://vvegano.com/collections/nut-butters
Plant-based butters- https://vvegano.com/collections/dairy-butter-alternatives
Dairy-free Curds- https://vvegano.com/collections/vegan-curd-yoghurt
Vegan Paneer- https://vvegano.com/collections/tofu-paneer
Mock meat collections- https://vvegano.com/collections/plantbased-vegan-meats
For more, log in to https://www.vvegano.com