- EZO free and bio-degradable colors & dyes.
- GOTS Certified.
- When you see cotton products labelled as "natural", you are getting conventional cotton grown with large inputs of chemicals, pesticides, and herbicides to control weed growth.
- For organic produce the process starts at the stage of farming i.e. growing food /plants on farmland, which has been chemical and pesticide free for at least three years.
- Independent agency verifies that farmer and company meets the required standards. Agency provides farm, company with a certificate proving that the produce is "certified organic.“
- Zeme Organics and entire supply chain is certified for production and handling of organic products.
Zeme or Žemė (pronounced as Zhe meh) means ‘goddess of the earth’ or ‘earth mother’ in Latvian and Lithuanian mythology. Accordingly, everything in nature that is born, grows and dies belongs to this earth mother, who protects and nourishes the planet.
Zeme as an organic clothing company was conceptualized in the spring of 2006 in San Francisco, California and was created in India, in December 2007 by Arati. While living in the beautiful city of San Francisco as a student, Arati got to learn about organic farming and furthered this interest in organic clothing by taking up an internship with a San Francisco based organic clothing company. Logically, the next step for Arati was to use her knowledge and passion for organic cotton to design and market organic clothes created in India through her own label. And thus, Zeme was born!
We offer organic clothing formen, women, infants and maternity. Each design has been pored over, persevered through and perfected. Our clothes are a 100% certified organic, and we use only biodegradable, EZO free dyes which are good for the planet and good for you.
Our products are made in India by companies who have Control Union certification and follow GOTS standard. Zeme Organics and its entire supply chain is certified for production and handling of organic products.
Our Mission: Offering and encouraging people to wear organic clothes is our way of contributing to help reduce ground water pollution and green house effect so that mother earth can breathe easily”.