Image Courtesy: https://nutriholist.com
Store bought yogurts can have thinner consistencies than what you make at home. You would want a solid recipe to try out at home. This way, you need not rush to the store every time the stacks get over. Helping you dole out this wonderful recipe on cashew yogurt pretty much at the comfort of your home.
Let us get started with the recipe:
- Water- enough quantity for grinding the paste via a blender or a food-processor
- Vegan starter or probiotic cultures
- Flavors of your choice- blueberry or raspberry sauces (Please make sure you hunt for plant-based or vegan varieties. Some brands use red beetles to squash out raspberry sauces)
- Diced cup of strawberries, nuts, and bananas- for an added taste or richness
- Natural sweeteners- You can use an apple honey or a maple syrup
Method of preparation
- Soak the raw cashews in warm water for about 6 hours or so. By the process, the size of cashews double up.
- Grind the cashews using a blender, food processor or using a mixer. Grind them in batches using water little by little. Adding too much water to the paste can make it appear soggy or watery.
- Once you get the cashew milk, double strain the same using a durable cheese cloth or a strainer. You must do so for all the batches of the ground cashews.
- Now, you have the cashew milk transferred to a cooking bowl indeed.
- Boil it on a lower or medium simmer as you don’t want the plant-based milk to curdle or form lumps.
- Switch off the milk and allow it to cool down.
- Now, make a paste of sweeteners, probiotic cultures, and flavors. You can add plant-based milk or water to have the paste done. Add the concoction to the cashew milk.
- Allow the same to set on for about 6-7 hours. You can set the yogurt at a room temperature.
- Refrigerate the thick and luscious bowl of yogurt for about 4 hours or so.
- Garnish the home-made cashew yogurt with nuts, bananas, and strawberries. You get the added richness for an evening snack. Else, you can use the yogurt for making your plant-based smoothies or ice-creams too.
Now, your home-made version of cashew yogurt is ready for use. You can call your friends or office colleagues home to try out the unique recipe you had hands-on to.
Ideas inspired from: https://hollycowvegan.net/
We are an online vegan store based out of India. We have personalized lifestyle products catering to people belonging to the present millennium. You get nut butters, mock meats, plant-based sweets, dairy-free alternatives, groceries and wellness care products from our store. Do check out some of our outstanding collections right here:
Plant-based milk- https://vvegano.com/collections/plant-based-milk
Nut butters- https://vvegano.com/collections/nut-butters
Plant-based butters- https://vvegano.com/collections/dairy-butter-alternatives
Dairy-free Curds- https://vvegano.com/collections/vegan-curd-yoghurt
Vegan Paneer- https://vvegano.com/collections/tofu-paneer
Mock meat collections- https://vvegano.com/collections/plantbased-vegan-meats
For more, log in to https://www.vvegano.com