Image Courtesy: https://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/
Would you love getting hands-on to yet another delicious plant-based yogurt at home? You can adopt a non-dairy version of making the yogurt for health reasons. Or, if you like following vegan ethics to prevent animal cruelty, could you make yourself a jar of one! Here, is a simple and delicious plant-based yogurt. It is peanut yogurt, of course. So, lets get started with the recipe.
- Water for grinding the paste
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt starter- preferably plant-based
- Sweeteners- natural fruit-based ones
- Food colors- optional though
- ½ cup of fresh or diced strawberries
Method of preparation:
- Soak groundnuts overnight.
- It doubles up in quantity.
- Grind the groundnuts. You can grind the groundnuts in batches. Use water little by little. Else the mixture can get too diluted or soggy.
- Once, you have the groundnut paste into a lump-free consistency, collect the same in a jar. Repeat the same process until you are done with grinding the entire quantity of groundnuts.
- You must double strain the paste and add lesser water to the paste if you want the yogurt to be of a thicker consistency.
- Boil the paste into a foamy milk like consistency. While doing so, please keep the gas stove on a simmer mode. Plant based milks sometimes curdle when you try heating it up on a high-flame mode.
- Take the milk-pan off the jar and allow it to cool completely.
- Now, add the yogurt starter pack, lemon juice and sweeteners. You can dilute water and add the ingredients.
- Allow the mixture on for about 7-8 hours. You can store the same via an air-tight jar or container. You can allow the mixture to set on a room temperature.
- Finally refrigerate the mix for three to four hours. You have luscious and creamy yogurt made from peanuts. You can add freshly diced strawberries for garnishing the yogurt while serving.
Groundnuts are excellent resources of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that a human body would need. Plus, you can use the freshly prepared yogurt to top up smoothies, ice-creams, sandwich wraps and what not. Free from added chemicals or preservatives, the recipe is going to be an absolutely delightful one indeed. You can get hands-on to making one for your kids as a healthier option of an evening snack too.
And of course, if you don't have the time to make peanut curd at home, try our best selling Peanut Curd
Ideas inspired from: https://www.jennysugar.com/
We are an online vegan store based out of India. We have personalized lifestyle products catering to people belonging to the present millennium. You get nut butters, mock meats, plant-based sweets, dairy-free alternatives, groceries and wellness care products from our store. Do check out some of our outstanding collections right here:
Plant-based milk- https://vvegano.com/collections/plant-based-milk
Nut butters- https://vvegano.com/collections/nut-butters
Plant-based butters- https://vvegano.com/collections/dairy-butter-alternatives
Dairy-free Curds- https://vvegano.com/collections/vegan-curd-yoghurt
Vegan Paneer- https://vvegano.com/collections/tofu-paneer
Mock meat collections- https://vvegano.com/collections/plantbased-vegan-meats
For more, log in to https://www.vvegano.com