Image Courtesy: Vegan Fresh Cream & Fruit Cake - Sanjana.Feasts - Vegan Baking (sanjanafeasts.co.uk
Do you want to bake a fresh creamy moist cake that looks delectable using fresh creamy layers and fruits? Do you like it created vegan-style? Then check out the recipe right away:
These are the ingredients you will be needing to make this delectable homemade cake. All the ingredients used here are 100% plant-based. Therefore, you can confidently try this recipe for the upcoming Christmas 2022 or New Year 2023. So, let us get started with the ingredients:
- Sponge flour or extra-fine self-raising cake flour
- Castor Sugar
- Almond Milk (You can try any other variety of your choice)
- Lemon juice
- Corn flour- 2 tbsp
- Baking powder
- Soya milk powder (You get it at most of the daily needs stores, as a matter of fact)
- Oil (You can use a non-flavored oil like sunflower or granola oil)
- Almond extract
- Pure vanilla essence
- Vegan whip cream (You can use a plant-based whipped cream of your choice)
- Mixed and diced fruits of your choice (Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, mandarins, kiwis, peaches, and pineapples make great choices of fruit blast to layer it up)
- Chocolate curls (This is an optional ingredient)
Method of preparation
It takes approximately 3 hours to dole out this super-rich and moist fruit cake. So, let us get started with the method of preparation:
- Preheat the oven to about 160 degrees Celsius or 320 degrees Fahrenheit. You can take a baking tin that measures 20 X 25 X 10 Cm deep. The baking tin can be square-shaped, measuring 8” X 10” X 4” deep. This non-stick baking tin should measure 9” X 4” deep. Using parchment paper, you can grease the sides of the baking tin. To take the cake out from the tin in a hassle-free manner, you can leave an overhang on either side of the tin.
- Now is the time to put the ingredients together. To whisk together, you can allow plant-based milk, lemon juice, almond, and vanilla extracts. You can use an electric whisker as well. This way, you can bind the ingredients in a lump-free manner.
- You can allow the mixture to set for about 10 minutes. And then, add the oil to further add to the greasy texture of the cake batter.
- Now, you must combine all the dry ingredients one by one. Once this is done, the wet ingredients are mixed thoroughly with the dry ingredients.
- The batter is now poured into the baking tin. Bake for about 45 minutes or so. Insert a wooden skewer or a toothpick to see if the cake is fully baked. Here is a small litmus test concerning how well your cake has been baked. If it has not cooked completely, then the batter will stick to the skewer or toothpick.
- Now is the time to prep up the frosted material on the cake. You can use fresh cream, preferably coconut cream, and then whip it up using some sugar. Now slice the fruits like pineapples, strawberries, kiwis, and peaches. You can drain off the excess juice from mandarins. Now stack up all the fruits on a large plate inside the refrigerator.
- The next step here is to get the cake completely cooled. It usually takes 30 minutes to one hour for the cake to cool off completely. You can try lifting the cake using the overhanging baking parchment. If it comes effortlessly, then the cake has cooled off completely. You can allow it to further cool on a wire rack.
- Now, is the time to decorate the cake. Firstly, you must pour some warm strawberry jam or tart that acts as a binder to hold the cream and fruits together. Now, whip up the fresh cream across the spongy moist. You can further decorate the layer using freshly diced fruits that you had placed inside the fridge.
- You can now refrigerate the cake for 1-2 hours. This is best served chilled. You can sprinkle some chocolate curls while serving the cake.
Recipe Courtesy: Vegan Fresh Cream & Fruit Cake - Sanjana.Feasts - Vegan Baking (sanjanafeasts.co.uk)
Would you want vegan whip cream and nut-based milk to get your cakes baked to perfection? Then these are the products you can grab from Vvegano store. Let us check them out:
For more varieties of plant-based milk, this is the exact link you can go in for: https://vvvegano.com/collections/plant-based-milk
For a more organic variant of sugar, you can go for a plant-based staple after all. Let me help you grab the respective links from the store:
For more varieties of plant-based sugar and sweeteners, this is the exact link you can go in for:
For Vegan butter, here are plant-friendly staples you can go in for:
For more choices on plant-based butter, this is the exact link you can go in for: https://vvegano.com/collections/dairy-butter-alternatives
For Vegan cream variants, here are product links you can look for:
1. https://vvegano.com/collections/almond-butter/products/peepal-farm-almond-butter-handmade-unsweetened-100-roasted-almonds-150g (Nut butters can be whipped with coconut milk to make fresh vegam cream
For more varieties of nut butter collection, here is the store link you can go in for: