Image Courtesy - https://hebbarskitchen.com/
In this segment, we will have a look at two more varieties of Diwali snacks. Let us get started with the recipes:
This is a flavourful mixture that utilizes Sev, cashew nuts, groundnuts, melon seeds and the like. You will find the mixture an absolute delight to have as tea-time snack. Those hot cups of latte and chai go well with this tasty and spicy Bombay mixture. Let us see how the recipe is done:
- Besan Flour- 2 cups
- Rice flour- ½ a cup
- Water as needed during various stages of the recipe
- Masoor Dal- soaked in water- ½ a cup
- Condiments- Ajwain powder, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, hing/ asafoetida, chat masala powder, garam masala powder
- Cashew nuts- whole nuts- ½ a cup
- Groundnuts- ½ a cup
- Curry leaves
- Oil for frying
Method of preparation:
- Take a huge glass bowl. To the bowl, start adding the ingredients one by one. You can add besan flour, rice flour, condiments (Chili powder, salt., turmeric powder and ajwain powder) and water to form the dough.
- In the meanwhile, soak half a cup of masoor dal in a bowl of water. Soak for two hours before you start doing the recipe.
- Having formulated the dough, as indicated on the 1st step, take a mold. Choose a mold with holes in it. Take a cylindrical ball of dough and drop inside the mold.
- Take a pan with oil. Once, it has started heating up, press the mold and spread. Your 1st batch of sev is ready for use. You can do 2-3 batches of sev for the ‘Bombay Mixture’.
- Now, you can take one more aluminum sieve to fry the other ingredients that are required for this mixture. You can keep the sieve over the oil pan. This way, you can shallow-fry groundnuts, cashews, masoor dal and curry leaves.
- After all the ingredients have been fried, break the sev into smaller fragments. Add cashews, groundnuts, masoor dal seeds, curry leaves. Mix well. You can add chatpata chat masala and garam masala powder for that spicy flavor.
- Now, you can store this mixture into air-fresh containers for about 10-15 days.
- This home-made mixture can be served to guests along with tea/ coffee.
Shankar Pali Recipe
Shankar Pali is also called ‘Shakkar Para’ in Maharashtra. This is a famous Maharashtrian delicacy every household tries before the onset of Diwali. Let us have a look at how the recipe is done:
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Water to dissolve the sugar
- Maida- 1 cup
- Semolina or Rava- 2 tablespoons
- Clarified ghee (You can use Emkay’s Vegan ghee here)- 2 tbsp
- Salt- a pinch of it
- Cardomom powder- 1 pinch
- Little water to knead the dough
- Oil for frying
Method of preparation:
- Take one of sugar. Dissolve the sugar into one cup of water. To this add maida, rava, salt, cardamom powder, ghee and little water. Knead the dough.
- Now pat across a roti rolling board. Spread the flour. Slowly cut the flour into diamond shaped squares.
- Drop the diamond squares into oil for frying. Gently flip over to the other side until both sides turn golden brown.
- Drain off excess oil and your fresh Shakkar para is ready to get into air tight containers.
You can have ‘Shakkar para’ as an evening snack with tea or coffee. And this way, we are good to go!
We have seen 4 delectable snacks that are easy to prepare. The snacks are tasty and takes very less of your prep time. So woo all of your Diwali guests with Vegan Richa’s sweets and snacks that are authored by Hebbar’s kitchen. Every effort has been made to veganize the dish.
Get the best deals on Vegan Foods from the following links >>>
We are an online vegan store based out of India. We have personalized lifestyle products catering to people belonging to the present millennium. You get nut butters, mock meats, plant-based sweets, dairy-free alternatives, groceries and wellness care products from our store. Do check out some of our outstanding collections right here:
Plant-based milk- https://vvegano.com/collections/plant-based-milk
Nut butters- https://vvegano.com/collections/nut-butters
Plant-based butters- https://vvegano.com/collections/dairy-butter-alternatives
Dairy-free Curds- https://vvegano.com/collections/vegan-curd-yoghurt
Vegan Paneer- https://vvegano.com/collections/tofu-paneer
Mock meat collections- https://vvegano.com/collections/plantbased-vegan-meats
For more, log in to https://www.vvegano.com