This is a traditional Christmas bake you are going to try. You are just going to bake the pie cake with ingredients that are 100% plant-based. So, let us check out the recipe right away:
- All-purpose flour (For gluten-allergic friends, you can also use a gluten-free version of the cake-bake flour)
- Almond meal- Just soak almonds in water overnight and take the peels off. Blend the almonds into a course of flour. Your almond meal is ready for use. You can also use store-bought almond powder if you want to save time!
- Raw cane sugar
- Baking powder and Baking soda- 1 tsp each
- Salt- you can just take a pinch of it
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Thick coconut or cashew Greek yogurt
- Plant-based milk- Use almond/ cashew or oat milk that is rich and creamy
- Canola oil- You can use a regular sunflower oil or canola oil
- Apple Cider vinegar or lemon juice- 2 tablespoons of one of the ingredients
- Plums- the seeds are taken out and the plums are sliced or pitted. You can also use apricots, pears, nectarines, cherries, pears, or Mirabella (Mixed fruits that are diced and sliced can be a great option indeed)
- Slivered almonds
Method of preparation
Now, let us check out the recipe and bake the cake using the above-mentioned ingredients.
- Take a large glass bowl and mix all the dry ingredients at once. These include almond flour, all-purpose flour, raw cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla powder. Give all the ingredients a nice tight mix.
- Take one more large bowl to pour the wet ingredients. You can add cashew or coconut yogurt, plant-based milk, apple cider vinegar, canola oil, and vanilla essence. Now add the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together. Whisk all the ingredients using an electric or hand-made whisker.
- Add the batter to a baking dish that is prepared. You can gently grease canola oil or vegan butter on the baking parchment paper.
- You can arrange the pitted or sliced fruits. These are plums, apricots, nectarines, cherries, Mirabella, pears, and other seeded fruits, You can now arrange the slivered fruits into the batter.
- Now, sprinkle slivered almonds and some sugar into the batter. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius for about 50 minutes or so.
- Use a wooden skewer and out comes the cake clean. You can now transfer the cake onto a wire rack to cool off completely.